No Visa Requirement (NVR)
Bangladesh origin foreign citizens (except SAARC countries) are eligible for endorsement of “No Visa Required to Travel to Bangladesh” stamp on their foreign passports. Their (foreign-born) spouses and children are also eligible for this endorsement, which allows the holder multiple entries into Bangladesh with unlimited duration of stay within the validity of the passport.
For NVR, you have to apply online. Visit (www.visa.gov.bd) and start your online application. Please read the instructions carefully before you start your application. Since this is a common application system for New Visa, Extension of Visa, NVR and On Arrival Visa; you have to continue filling it up and select No Visa Required (NVR) in case of the category of your application.
Required documents for No Visa Required seal:
- a) Printed copy of Online Application
- b) 01 (one) copy passport size photograph
- c) Original foreign passport with validity of at least six months
- d) Bangladeshi Citizenship Certificate issued from the Ministry of Home Affairs, Bangladesh and attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangladesh.
- e) Nationality Certificate issued by appropriate authority in Bangladesh attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangladesh.
- f) Police clearance report obtained from Bangladesh has to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- g) Previous Korean passport having ‘No Visa Required (NVR)’ stamp (applicable only in case of transfer of NVR to a new passport from an old one).
Required documents for No Visa Required (NVR)’ stamp on the passport of child:
- a) Current/ expired Bangladeshi passport of Father/Mother. Names of Father/Mother must be the same in both Birth Certificate of the Child and parent’s Bangladesh Passport.
- b) Child’s Bangladeshi passport or Korean birth certificate where parents’ names and particulars are included. Names of the Child and his/her Father and Mother along with other Particulars must be same.
In case of first-time NVR for a child, either the father or the mother of the child must have NVR. Otherwise the police clearance certificate of the father or the mother (who is a Bangladeshi citizen) will be required.
Required documents for No Visa Required (NVR) stamp on the passport of spouse of Bangladesh national:
- a) Valid Bangladeshi Passport of the person applying for NVR for spouse with foreign nationality
- b) Foreign Passport/ Citizenship Certificate
- c) Valid marriage documents attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka, Bangladesh or valid marriage certificate from the city office of the Republic of Korea
- d) Declaration of the relationship and request for issuance of NVR, by the spouse (Bangladeshi).
Required documents for No Visa Required (NVR) for non-Bangladeshi spouse:
- a) Valid Bangladeshi Passport or past Bangladeshi passport of spouse.
- b) Applicant’s Passport.
- c) Bangladeshi Marriage Certificate attested by the Ministry of Law and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka, Bangladesh or Korean Marriage Certificate attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- d)Or Police Clearance Certificate from Bangladesh Attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Consular Service by post
The Embassy of Bangladesh in Seoul provides consular services by post. You may send your visa application by post along with passport and all other required documents including a prepaid postal envelope with self-address, clearly written on top of the envelope.
In order to receive a visa by post, you must pay the visa fee by a postal order or bank draft in favour of the following:
‘Bangladesh Embassy, Seoul’
[Bank: KEB HANA BANK, Account No: 166-890000-59001]