Who can apply
An individual who is participating in a research/training/ internship program in any government approved agency/ organization in Bangladesh, he /she is eligible to apply for a Research visa.
Duration of research visa
A research visa may be issued for a maximum period of three (03) months with single, double, or multiple entries.
Extension of visa
Extension up to three (03) years could be obtained from the Department of Immigration and Passport (DIP) in Bangladesh.
Please note that the validity of the visa begins from the date of issue and not from the date of travel on your application form.
1) A printed copy of duly filled in online VISA application form and signed accordingly;
2) Recent passport size colour photo- 2 (Two) copies with white background;
3) Original Passport (valid at least for six months) with photocopy of photo page;
4) Letters from the concerned institution of the both ends
5) Consent letter of the concern Ministry in Bangladesh.
Visa fees are determined on the basis of reciprocity with the country of the foreign national seeking visa. Please note that the visa fee is non-refundable, even if the visa is denied or the visa application is withdrawn.
Consular Service by post
The Embassy of Bangladesh in Seoul provides consular services by post. You may send your visa application by post along with passport and all other required documents including a prepaid postal envelope with self-address, clearly written on top of the envelope.
In order to receive a visa by post, you must pay the visa fee by a postal order or bank draft in favour of the following:
‘Bangladesh Embassy, Seoul’
[Bank: KEB HANA BANK, Account No: 166-890000-59001]