Power of Attorney
Power of Attorney should be processed in accordance with the laid down rules stated in ‘The Power of Attorney Act-2015’. Please click here for ‘The Power of Attorney Act-2015’.
Required Document for processing of Power of Attorney:
- Physical presence of the executant(s) at the Embassy to sign in front of the consular officer.
- 2 (two) sets (one original and one photocopy) of unsigned Power of Attorney document completed as per the format (Schedule-Ka, Form-3). Please click for the BANGLA FORMATor ENGLISH PROFORMA of POA.
- A valid Bangladeshi passport/Foreign passport with No Visa Required (NVR) of all executants.
- Two copies of recent passport size photograph (colour photo with white background) for each of the executant(s) and attorney.
- If the deed is related to Land Property, then it is required to submit the copy of updated tax receipt (Dakhila) of respective land and update Record of Rights (Khatian/ Porcha)
- After signing the documents, you need to make a photocopy of the entire document and submit the same at the counter of the consular section for onward submission to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Attestation of Power of Attorney by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka, Bangladesh:
The original and photocopy of Power of Attorney document must be attested by the MOFA, Dhaka, Bangladesh within 2 months from the date of signing at the Embassy.
Fee (Non-refundable): KRW 10,000 for each page to be attested.
Power of Attorney is not permissible in case of divorce. We shall be able to attest the divorce paper only.